The ant exterminators at Springer Professional Home Services have been solving ant pest control issues since 1989. We are the experts in ant extermination and will quickly eliminate ants, show you likely spots where ants are entering, and recommend actions you can take to ensure your home or business stays ant-free.
Signs of an ant infestation
Ant prevention tips
When it's time to call an ant exterminator
Need ant removal? Springer Professional Home Services can help!
As tiny as they are, ants can cause serious problems when infestations are left untreated. Most species of ants are primarily a nuisance and aren’t typically dangerous, however, a few species can be destructive and may pose health risks. Carpenter ants tunnel through wood structures and have the ability to hollow out support beams, while pharaoh ants and odorous house ants are carriers of disease and can contaminate food.
Common Ants in Iowa
The following six ant species are found living in the Midwest:
- Carpenter Ants prefer to nest and excavate water-damaged wood.
- Large Yellow Ants are often mistaken for termites by homeowners.
- Odorous House Ants emit a rotten coconut smell and infest kitchens and pantries.
- Pavement Ants nest under flat stones, sidewalks, and concrete slabs outdoors.
- Pharaoh Ants prefer being indoors, especially in commercial buildings with artificial heating.
- Thief Ants use electric wires in wall voids to move from one room to another in homes.
Have a pest problem? We can help!
Professional ant extermination
Ants are the most commonly reported household pest. They reproduce quickly and colonies can contain thousands of workers. Getting rid of ants on your own can be especially difficult, and you may need the help of an ant exterminator. Whether you’d like your home or business inspected for carpenter ants or need assistance getting rid of a fire ant mound, Springer Professional Home Services are the ant removal experts and control ants in an effective, and safe manner.
Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal
Serving Central Iowa since 1989