Fleas and ticks are parasitic insects that can cause problems for people and pets alike. Both of these pests are tiny and hard to spot, but they can cause big trouble with their bites if they find their way into your home. Eliminating these blood-sucking insects can take a long time, and is very difficult to do on your own. It’s very important to rely on professional flea exterminators or a tick control company to solve your problems safely and efficiently.
The flea and tick exterminators at Springer Professional Home Services know how concerning an infestation can be for you and your family. We have the skills and equipment required to remove them from your Iowa home or business swiftly.
Common Fleas & Ticks in Iowa
There are a variety of fleas and tick species that Iowa residents are liable to encounter. Here are the most common of them:
- Cat flea: At only 1/16”-1/8” in length, fleas are minuscule and very hard to see. They’re often found living on our pests, and their eggs can be found in carpets and furniture.
- American dog tick: Otherwise known as wood ticks, American dog ticks can be found in open areas with little tree cover. They are brownish-red with white markings across their backs.
- Lone star tick: These ticks are slightly brighter in color than American dog ticks, and the biting females have one pronounced white spot on their backs. Lone star ticks are more often found in wooded or densely vegetated areas.
- Deer tick: The deer tick is infamous for its ability to transmit Lyme disease. It can be identified by the stark contrast in color between its purple-brown head and legs and its red abdomen.
Have a pest problem? We can help!
Our Flea & Tick Control Procedures
At Springer Professional Home Services, we know about all of the dangers that ticks and fleas pose to your family. When you hire us, we will eliminate your problem by taking the following steps for holistic flea or tick extermination:
- Thoroughly inspect your home or business to determine the source of the infestation and what flea or tick species you’re dealing with
- Introduce flea or tick control products to the environment
- Protect your home from fleas and ticks using professional tick or flea control methods
- Give you a complete tick removal or flea removal report describing the treatment
- Follow-up with flea and tick control services as needed
When to Call an Exterminator for Fleas or Ticks
A flea or tick problem in your property can range from an annoyance to a serious problem. Ticks are particularly feared for their ability to transmit dangerous diseases. At Springer Professional Home Services, we know how difficult it is to eliminate fleas or ticks in your home by yourself. Our expert tick and flea exterminators will work hard to make sure that all signs of fleas in your property are gone, for good.
Flea & Tick Control
Serving Central Iowa since 1989