Discovering pantry pest weevils inside your home is one of the most distressing pest problems. Pantry pests are any type of insect that, true to name, infests grains and other stored products in your home. Infestations often begin when infested items are brought into your home from the store. The pantry pest control team at Springer knows that panty weevils are a nuisance to deal with. We are here to help shed some light on the types of pantry pests and how to get rid of them.
Types of Pantry Pests in Iowa
A pantry pest, also known as a stored product pest, is any bug that infests dried goods in your home. These pests usually target flour, rice, whole grains, corn, dried beans, seeds, and even pet food. The most common pantry pests in Des Moines include:
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Preventing Pantry Pest Weevils
Whether you’re gearing up for holiday baking season or cleaning up your kitchen, the last thing you want to come across is a pantry pest problem. A few of our top tips to prevent and get rid of these pests include:
- Securely store dry goods: Always store food and baking ingredients in airtight containers.
- Check the date: Toss any expired items from your cupboard before use.
- Inspect your groceries: At the grocery store and before bringing them indoors, check your purchased goods for damage.
- Properly store seasonal items: Dried foliage, Indian corn, and other seasonal items should be kept in sealed containers while not in use throughout the year.
- Place bay leaves in containers: Sticking a bay leaf inside canisters of dry goods like flour, rice, and other grains can help keep pantry pest weevils and other pests out.
How to Get Rid of Pantry Bugs
As soon as you find pantry pest weevils, you’re likely looking for the quickest pantry pest extermination options. To remove these pests, quickly and carefully dispose of infested items in a secure manner. Thoroughly clean your pantry before returning any items. The best form of pantry pest control is prevention, which is why it’s so important to keep an eye out for these insects when grocery shopping or cleaning your home.
Quick Pantry Pest Extermination
Pantry pest weevils may be a nuisance, but do pantry beetles bite? The good news is that these pests won’t bite or harm you. That said, they remain one of the most frustrating pest problems to deal with. If you need assistance with a pantry beetle problem, the pantry pest control team at Springer Professional Home Services can help. Contact us today to learn more!
Pantry Pest Control in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989