Serving Des Moines | Cedar Rapids | Davenport
Most homeowners have dealt with the frustration of an ant infestation at one point or another. Ants are the number one nuisance pest throughout the nation, and some species are more than just a nuisance when destructive ants are involved. Preventing ants from becoming a problem in the first place is the best way to protect yourself from the frustrations of dealing with an infestation.
In addition to Springer implementing IPM methods to control ants, there are several things you can do to further prevent ant problems.
How to prevent ants
Ant problems inside a building can drive any property owner insane. Not only are they difficult to get rid of, it takes a long time to completely eliminate a population! The following methods are proven to be effective in keeping ants at bay:
- Limit their sources of water:
- Fix leaky pipes, and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Use a dehumidifier in damp basements or crawl spaces.
- Ensure downspouts and gutters are functioning properly.
- Limit ant food sources:
- Keep the kitchen clean and free of crumbs.
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly.
- Store any food in sealed containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Use a lid on trash cans and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Remove their entry points:
- Routinely check the perimeter of your home for entry points and seal them.
- Double-check that your windows and doors don’t have cracks, or install screens to help keep pests out.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Hiring a professional ant exterminator
Fighting an ant infestation on your own can seem like an upward battle, which is why it often requires the expertise of a professional pest control company. Getting rid of a colony takes time and patience, and the technicians at Springer know how to effectively keep future infestations away. Give our team a call today to learn more about our ant prevention methods!Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal
Ant Prevention Tips in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989