How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally?
To prevent termites naturally, there are a few home remedies you can try. However, it’s important to remember that all-natural termite prevention methods or treatments are not strong enough to tackle an active termite problem.
All-natural termite prevention can occasionally ward off termite problems. Some of the all-natural methods used to prevent termites include orange oil, cardboard traps, diatomaceous earth, and boric acid. These all work in different ways to repel termites and keep them away from your Iowa property.
5 Ways to Prevent Termites Naturally
There are several all-natural methods that may help prevent or repel termites from your home or business. A few of these include:
- Orange oil: This can be sprayed into high-risk areas for termites, including crawl spaces and attics.
- Diatomaceous earth: Used to control many types of garden pests, this can be mixed with soil, water, or paint to help keep termites away.
- Nematodes: Certain groups of parasitic nematodes are known to feed on termites, making them a natural form of biological control.
- Cardboard traps: These are often effective because they contain the cellulose that attracts termites. The hope is that any nearby termites will gather near the trap, which can then be disposed of by burning.
- Boric acid: Available in liquid or dust form, boric acid works to kill termites and other pests in or near the home.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
When to Get Professional Termite Prevention
If you’ve tried to prevent termites on your own to no avail, it may be time to enlist the help of a professional. Professionals know how to eliminate the conditions that could attract termites to your property in the first place. They also can implement professional-grade termite treatments when necessary. Contact the termite exterminators at Springer Professional Home Services to learn more about the best termite prevention options in Iowa.
How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally? in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989