House hunting can drag on forever, so when you find the perfect home for your family, you can’t wait to breathe a final sigh of relief. However, it’s important to hang on to your patience for just a bit longer. If you seal the deal on your new home purchase and find out that there is termite damage, or worse, an active termite infestation, you could be in for thousands more dollars in repairs.
Subterranean termites alone are responsible for $5 billion in damage costs every year, but you don’t have to add your own expenses to this figure! Our termite experts at Springer Professional Home Services are here to help you learn about the benefits of a pre-purchase termite inspection.
How is a Termite Inspection Done?
When you hire a pest control technician for a termite inspection, they should conduct a holistic search that covers every possible vulnerable area inside your home. They should also look around your yard and exterior property for signs of termite activity. Some signs that they will look for are:
- Wooden structural pieces that appear damaged or torn up
- Yellowing, damp, or sagging appearance in wooden surfaces
- Droppings, discarded swarmer wings, and wood shavings
- Mud tubes in your yard caused by underground termite travel
Have a pest problem? We can help!
3 Reasons to Get a Termite Inspection
Having a termite inspection done can bring you mental peace and financial security as you move into your new home. Here are our termite experts’ top 3 reasons to get a termite inspection in the home you’re considering purchasing:
- The figures: As we noted earlier, termites are responsible for over $5 billion in damage in the United States alone annually. A termite inspection will cost a fraction of the total repair costs for termite damage in a house that you’re buying.
- The damage: Termites infest hundreds of thousands of homes every year. Without knowing for certain that there are no termites present, your new home could be infested, damaged, and requiring thousands of dollars in repairs.
- The security: It’s always better to know that termites are present than to remain in the dark. In some instances, a failed termite inspection only reveals minor damage, meaning that your house can be repaired with minimal costs or strain.
Professional Termite Inspections in Central Iowa
If you’re looking for a reliable termite inspection in Central Iowa, talk to your local pest control company about their services. At Springer Professional Home Services, we train our termite specialists to leave no stone unturned. You can rest easy knowing that every nook and cranny of your home has been inspected and any termite damage has been assessed with complete accuracy and honesty. For a free estimate on a termite inspection, contact our team today!
Buying a House? 3 Reasons Why Your Termite Inspection Matters in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989