How do You Get Rid of Bed Bugs in Your Carpet?
Without the help of a professional, it’s very difficult to get rid of bed bugs on or in your carpet. That said, there are a few things you can do to help control the infestation.
To remove bed bugs from carpets or rugs, here’s what to do:
- Use a vacuum with a bag to be able to seal the bugs properly.
- Spread diatomaceous earth on the carpet you will vacuum.
- Carefully and thoroughly vacuum over the areas at least two or three times.
- For more effectiveness, repeat steps 1-3 as much as you wish.
- Remove the vacuum cleaner bag outside if possible. Seal properly before throwing away.
- After bed bugs have been removed, consider cleaning the rug or carpet with shampoo or a steam-clean!
Bed Bug-Infested Rugs and Carpet
If you have bed bugs, you’re likely wondering how you can eradicate them from every square inch of your home. Bed bugs love to live in mattresses but they can also infest carpet! The bugs will not burrow into the carpet but instead, stay on the surface. This makes it much easier to vacuum up the bugs. You can reduce bed bug infestations by following the steps above. If you have a serious infestation, it is important to be cautious and contact an exterminator immediately.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Bed Bugs or Carpet Beetles?
Carpet beetles are often mistakenly confused with bed bugs. How can you tell if you have carpet beetles or bed bugs? You can see the differences by studying their appearances. Carpet beetles appear like tiny caterpillars in the larval stage. Bed bugs look like tiny worms in the larval stage. To get rid of them, you must clean your carpet and rug thoroughly.
Do You Need to Get Carpets Professionally Cleaned After Bed Bugs?
If you’ve had professional bed bug treatment from an exterminator, you can trust the infestation has been controlled. Regardless, it can bring you peace of mind to get your carpets or rugs professionally cleaned or steamed after a bed bug problem. This is because high heat and steam can kill off lingering bugs.
How Do You Get Rid of Bed Bugs in Your Carpet? in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989