How Do I Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment in Iowa?
Preparation is the key to a successful bed bug treatment. When you are working with a professional exterminator, you can trust they will provide you with all the info you need to know before their arrival.
Common things you may be asked to do in preparation for bed bug treatment include:
- Prepare to leave your property for several hours, and to take your pets with you.
- Try to tidy up your place and reduce the amount of clutter in your property.
- Take all linens off of your mattresses and box springs, and wash them in hot water.
Preparing for Bed Bug Heat Treatment
If you are having a professional exterminator treat your property for pests, they will very likely provide you with a list of actions you need to complete beforehand. Common preparation steps include the following:
- Take off all linens from bedding and other fabrics from your bedrooms. Wash them in the hottest water possible.
- Remove all personal items that are on furniture or on the floor.
- Remove everything from closets and drawers, and possibly remove books from shelving.
- Clean or launder all clothing in the hottest water possible and store in clean storage bags for up to two weeks after treatment.
- Move items and furniture away from the walls to give access to baseboards.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Post-Bed Bug Treatment Options
After a bed bug treatment is complete, you can typically get back inside in just a few hours. Your professional bed bug exterminator will let you know what you can and can’t do. Usually, you should not shampoo or vacuum your floors for three weeks. You should also not change your bedding for at least four hours after treatment. Treatment should prove to have been completely effective in just two or three weeks.
Do I Need Multiple Bed Bug Treatments?
When working with a professional bed bug control expert, you should expect their treatment to be effective at getting rid of all bed bugs in your home. If the infestation persists, always contact your exterminator to learn if follow-up treatments are needed.
How Do I Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment in Iowa? in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989