Does Washing Bedding and Clothing in High Heat Kill Bed Bugs?
Yes. Washing your bedding in hot water can indeed be effective in killing bed bugs. While it may not eliminate the entire infestation, it can help to control them.
To get rid of bed bugs in your washing machine:
- Strip the bed of all linens and sort with any clothes you need to wash as well.
- Place each sorted pile into plastic bags. Transport the bag and tip out linens into the washing machine
- Use a typical amount of your normal detergent.
- Wash the bedding at a high temperature (at least 140°F) for 90 minutes or more.
- Carefully and quickly washed clothes to the dryer and dry on high heat for at least 30 minutes.
Get Rid of Bed Bugs With a Washing Machine
Now that you’ve found out that you have bed bugs, what should your next steps be? To stop bed bugs from spreading, wash your clothes and bedding in hot water. It is important to first sort your clothes normally. Then, put each pile in separate plastic bags. To prevent them from getting into other rooms, seal the bags before you move them to your machines.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Can Bed Bugs Survive a High Heat Wash?
Bed bugs can be killed by extreme temperatures. To kill bed bugs and eggs, wash your bedding and clothing in high heat. To avoid spreading bed bugs to other rooms, it is important to be cautious when moving infested sheets.
Will Washing Bed-Bug Infested Linens Always Work?
Although high-temperature drying of linens can be helpful, it is not an option for all areas or items infested. To control an infestation, you must treat the whole area. That is best done with the help of a professional bed bug exterminator.
Does Washing Bedding and Clothing in High Heat Kill Bed Bugs? in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989