Are Termite Treatments Safe?
When you work with a professional termite control company, you can rest assured termite treatments will be completely safe for you and your family.
There are a number of available termite treatments that rank high in safety, including liquid termiticides and bait stations. Trying to get rid of termites on your own can be dangerous, making it important to make sure you are getting the industry’s best treatment options.
Is Termite Treatment Effective?
There are two main types of termite treatments that are trusted in the pest control industry to be both very safe and highly effective: liquid termite treatments and baiting systems. A few of the advantages of liquid termiticides include the fact that it allows for accurate treatment with minimal disruption to your landscape, uses a responsible and low-odor dosage, and has been known to last for more than a decade. Baiting stations, on the other hand, are a great system for those who prefer to have a professional regularly monitor their home and baiting stations for effectiveness in keeping termites away.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Which Termite Treatment Should I Use?
Every termite infestation can be treated using one of the following two treatment options:
- Bait Stations
- Bait stations are installed in the ground around your home. The scientifically engineered bait begins working to kill any active colonies.
- The active ingredient in this engineered bait, which is nearly ten times more attractive to termites than wood, works to prevent termites from maturing. When the termites are unable to molt, they will die.
- Ongoing service and inspections by a professional will ensure the bait system continues to work month after month and year after year.
- Liquid Termite Treatments
- As soon as a termite ingests or touches a termiticide, it becomes a carrier, transferring the treatment to other termites it contacts.
- These termites in turn become secondary carriers, behaving normally while they transfer the treatment to other termites they contact and spread it like a virus throughout the colony.
- This unique, spiraling process is called the “transfer effect,” and it helps deliver devastating results to termites in order to maximize the protection of your home.
Best Termite Treatment Options in Iowa
As long as you are working with a professional termite control company, termite treatment will be very safe. At Springer Professional Home Services, our highly trained professionals will work to apply termite treatment in a manner that is effective, but also completely safe.
Are Termite Treatments Safe? in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989