How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Iowa?
Whether you want to keep a termite problem from getting worse or prevent one altogether, it’s important to implement preventative measures and contact a professional termite exterminator for assistance.
The best way to limit termite access is to make your property less attractive to them in the first place. This includes getting rid of excess moisture in the home by fixing leaky pipes, cleaning up debris, fixing damaged wood, and more. However, an active termite infestation should always be handled by a professional termite exterminator who can stop the spread from getting worse.
6 Tips to Stop the Spread of Termites
In addition to working with a professional, there are several things you can do at home to prevent termites. A few ways you can make your property less appealing to termites are to:
- Eliminate standing water in or near the home as well as any moisture problems, such as a leaky faucet or broken water pipe.
- Make sure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
- Be cautious of areas in the home where wood is in contact with soil.
- Keep piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and eliminate any sources of decaying lumber.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Remove dead trees and branches from areas surrounding your yard.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Stopping a Termite Infestation From Spreading
As soon as you find evidence of termites in your Iowa home or business, it’s time to call a termite exterminator right away. A professional can begin implementing preventative measures after you already have termites may help keep them from spreading, but it won’t reverse what damage has already been done.
Quick, reliable treatment is your best bet at not only removing the current termite activity you have, but also preventing the possibility of future infestations. To learn how Springer Professional Home Services can help, contact us today!
How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Iowa? in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989