What Are the Signs of a Termite Infestation?
Termites are rarely seen, making it important to know how to identify the signs of their activity. Termite infestations are infamously not discovered until damage is done. This makes it crucial to know how to recognize the signs of termites in your Iowa home or business:
- Swarmer termites inside or outside the home
- Shed wings
- Mud tubes around the foundation of homes
- Termite droppings (frass)
- Damaged or hollowed-out wood
- Blisters in wood floors
- Cracked or bubbling paint
- Small holes in drywall
Where to Look for Signs of Termites
It is rare to see actual termites, as they are often hidden within the structure of your home or underneath it. To find signs of termites, it’s important to look for signs of their activity as well as the damage they may cause.
- Signs of Termites. Like any pest or insect, termites will leave behind signs of the presence with their droppings (also known as frass). Frass looks like tiny pellets. Also keep an eye out for termite wings that are often shed in piles, as well as swarming termites (which are often confused for flying ants).
- Signs of Termite Damage. If you notice holes in your walls, mud tubes or cracks near the home’s foundation, blisters in wood floors, or peeling paint on walls, you may have termites. If you knock on any wood to be infested and hear a hollow noise in return, you very likely have termites.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Other Termite Signs in Iowa
A main reason why termites are so feared is because their activity can go on unnoticed for a long time before being discovered. A professional termite expert is your best bet. They know exactly what signs of a termite infestation to look for and can regularly inspect your property in Iowa for signs of new termite activity.
What Are the Signs of a Termite Infestation? in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989