How to Prevent Mosquitoes in Your Yard
Ever wonder why your yard is attractive to mosquitoes? These pests look for areas where they can breed, which requires a source of standing water. In order to prevent mosquitoes in your yard, then, it’s important to limit the number of potential mosquito breeding grounds. The top tips include:
- Getting rid of standing water
- Covering spas, pools, and birdbaths
- Installing screens on windows and doors
- Utilizing fans
- Getting professional mosquito inspections
Why Are Mosquitoes in My Backyard?
Certain regions experience more mosquitoes than others. Living in a region with a humid climate in the summer, there is a higher chan experience a flux of mosquito problems. If you live near heavily wooded areas, you may also experience more mosquitoes. In general, mosquitoes will invade your backyard if they find suitable breeding grounds. This is why it’s crucial to eliminate the things that may attract mosquitoes.
Do You Have a Mosquito Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Top Tips Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Yard
- Pour out or cover stagnant water. Get rid of standing water in buckets, flowerpots, birdbaths, tarps, and more. Mosquitoes use standing water to lay their eggs.
- Consider getting fish for ponds and agitating the water. Certain types of fish will feed on mosquito larvae. Alternatively, adding an agitator will stop mosquitoes from laying eggs in the water.
- Place screens on windows and doors. Installing screens on your doors and windows can keep mosquitoes from getting indoors every time you try to get some fresh air.
- Maintain a tidy yard. Regularly maintain your garden and lawn to keep the grass short. Also keep plants and bushes trimmed to prevent mosquito resting spots.
- Install fans. Mosquitoes hate wind and are not strong fliers. Use fans to help force them away from your outdoor areas.
- Inspect your yard regularly. Always look for potential mosquito breeding grounds and eliminate them. You may consider hiring your local mosquito control experts for assistance.
Professional Mosquito Prevention For Your Iowa Yard
If you are still dealing with mosquitoes after trying various ways to prevent them in your yard, it’s time to call your local mosquito exterminators. The experts at Springer Professional Home Services will work with you to prevent mosquitoes in your yard with repellents, exclusion efforts, and more.
How To Prevent Mosquitoes In Your Yard in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989