How to Prevent Bed Bugs in Iowa
Bed bugs are a very unpredictable pest problem. However, it is important to be able to prevent them from becoming a problem. Bed bugs can be prevented by being aware of their signs, being careful with used items and taking precautions when traveling.
The top ways to prevent bed bugs in Iowa are to:
- Protect your bed with mattress covers.
- Declutter your property as much and as often as possible.
- Be wary of bringing used furniture inside.
- Inspect hotel rooms and take care of luggage while traveling.
- Learn the signs of a bed bug problem.
Can Bed Bugs Be Prevented?
The bad news about bed bugs is that they’re infamously hard to prevent due to how unpredictable their behavior is. Even the cleanest, more careful person can get a bed bug infestation. However, there are many ways to protect yourself and your family against bed bugs throughout the year. You can reduce the likelihood of getting bitten by bed bugs by being educated.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
6 Tips to Prevent Bed Bugs in Your Home
- Learn to recognize the signs of bed bugs. Look for fecal spots, blood spots, and bed bug bites.
- Be wary of used furniture. Always thoroughly inspect second-hand items before bringing them indoors.
- Cover your power outlets. Electrical outlets are ideal hiding spots for bugs. Cover them with a simple plug to eliminate their chances of getting in.
- Get a cover for your mattress. Using a cover that is resistant to holes and tears can help protect your bed from bugs!
- Take travel precautions. Research your hotel, pack clothes in vacuum-sealed bags, and always store your suitcase above the ground.
- Clean and inspect your home. Look for signs of bed bugs, vacuum your floor, check pet beds, and keep a clutter-free environment.
Can Bed Bugs Be Prevented in Any Home?
Unfortunately, even the cleanest property can come down with bed bugs! Once they’ve infested your property, though, there are several things that attract them to take up residence. They are not attracted to dirt or grime, but rather warmth and blood! As long as they have a host to feed on, bed bugs will infest any residence. For help preventing these pests, always contact your local bed bug control experts.
How to Prevent Bed Bugs in Iowa in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989