Does Anything Keep Bed Bugs Away?
Bed bugs are not picky when it comes to choosing a property to infest. This is why their infestations can be so unpredictable—not to mention frustrating.
The four steps to keep bed bugs away are to:
- Know the signs of bed bugs.
- Be wary of buying used items.
- Be cautious when traveling.
- Take precautions at home.
Keeping Bed Bugs Out For Good
If you want to stay protected against the threat of bed bugs, there are four major things you can do to prevent them:
- Know how to recognize the signs of a bed bug problem. These pests leave dark fecal spots on mattresses and upholstery. Their bites can leave blood spots on bedding and red, itchy marks on your skin.
- Before you buy any items from a second-hand store, thoroughly inspect them for signs of bed bugs.
- Cover power outlets with a plug and cover your mattress with a protector to take away bed bugs’ top hiding places.
- If you are traveling, inspect your hotel room and take care when unpacking your suitcase upon returning home.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Staying Safe From Bed Bug Infestations in Iowa
General pest prevention tips can possibly keep you safe from a bed bug infestation as well. Vacuum frequently and reduce clutter in your home to reduce hiding places for bed bugs. Be careful about using shared laundry facilities or laundromats. If you live in a dorm or apartment building, take extra care in safeguarding your home from bed bugs.
Still Can't Keep Bed Bugs Away?
It doesn’t matter if you’re on vacation, you have a college student returning home for the holidays, or you have a neighbor who has bed bugs. It’s important to always stay vigilant about preventing bed bugs from entering your property. If you’ve done all you can to keep bed bugs away and still see signs of activity, it’s time to contact your local bed bug exterminator.
Does Anything Keep Bed Bugs Away? in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989