Do I Have Bed Bugs?
One of the main signs of bed bugs in your home is having blood stains or dark spots on your bedding. Waking up with bites or smelling a foul, musty smell are two more common signs of bed bugs.
These are some more signs that you have bed bugs:
- Bed bug species spots on mattresses or furniture
- Discarded bed bug skins
- Eggshells or tiny eggs around your bed
- Red, itchy bug bites on your skin
- An unpleasant, musty smell
Signs of Bed Bugs Inside Your Home
Bed bug bites are the most reported sign of an infestation. Their bites don’t affect some people, but for others, they leave red, itchy marks. Other than bite symptoms, there are several signs that you have a bed bug infestation in your home. Bed bug skins, eggs, and eggshells can indicate that bed bugs are reproducing on your property. Their feces also leave dark spots in their places of activity. Blood stains are another common sign of bed bugs; it means that bed bugs have been feeding at night.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Inspecting For Bed Bugs
If you think you’ve found bed bug signs in your home, there are several ways you can inspect your property further:
- Take your bedsheets off to look at the seams and creases of your mattress.
- Check for live adult bed bugs, nymphs, eggs, and eggshells.
- Look for signs of bed bugs around your box spring.
- Inspect other places around your home, like upholstered furniture and power outlets.
Bed Bug Infestations in Iowa
If you’ve found signs of bed bugs, like bites on your skin or brown spots on your bedding, how can you be sure if you have an infestation? Usually, seeing just a few bed bugs means that you already have a whole bed bug infestation on your hands. It’s crucial to have bed bug experts examine your home to find the best strategy for effective bed bug removal.
Do I Have Bed Bugs? in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989