You may be asking yourself, “What is TAP insulation, and why should I pay for another service to my home?”. That is a fair question! Home maintenance is something many of us dread with how it can mess with our schedules and our wallets. TAP Insulation is a way to combine several forms of home maintenance in one easy solution. In other words, TAP insulation works on three different fronts to ensure your home is warm, quiet, and pest-free year-round.
What Is TAP® Insulation?
TAP stands for Thermal/Acoustical/Pest Control insulation:
- Thermal: TAP Insulation uses cellulose fibers made from ground up newspaper. These paper fibers create small air pockets, much like a winter puff jacket, to increase the thermal efficiency in your attic. Given heat rises, the air pockets help to trap the rising heat, keeping your house warm in the colder months. TAP insulation’s density also captures air from escaping during the summer, which keeps the cold AC air in!
- Acoustical: As a wide-open hard surface, your ceiling can do a lot to amplify and spread loud noises. The soft plush texture of TAP insulation can help muffle this noise with ease. The same features that help TAP insulation retain heat will be the ones keeping your home from sounding like a concert hall.
- Pest Control: TAP insulation’s paper fibers are mixed with a fine Borate mixture, which is a natural insecticide. As insects attempt to infiltrate your home they’ll be covered in borate. When the insects clean themselves, the borate makes its way into their digestive tract, killing them. This makes it a remarkable pest control insulation as pests will be doomed before they make it into your home and settle in.
TAP Insulation Benefits
Insulation is important to any home, but TAP goes above and beyond in terms of protection and comfort. This special insulation offers a number of additional advantages:
- Safe and Non-Toxic: This insulation is generally made from natural materials that are non-toxic, making it safer for homes with children, pets, or people with sensitivities.
- Improved Energy Efficiency: TAP insulation protects against thermal loss, which can significantly reduce your heating and cooling.
- Eco-Friendly Pest Prevention: Treated insulation is environmentally friendly and does not contribute to pollution of the water, air, or soil, like normal pest prevention methods may.
- Long-Lasting Protection: Unlike chemical pesticides, which need to be applied frequently, TAP insulation can provide long-lasting protection from your home from new and existing pests.
Have a pest problem? We can help!
Why Go with Pest Control Insulation?
Many forms of insulation are available on the market today, many of which have been treated with pesticides. You may be asking why you should go with TAP insulation. However, it’s important to note that pesticide-treated insulations aren’t designed to keep pests out. Rather, the pesticides simply protect the insulation itself. This leads to invading pests simply going around or ignoring the insulation and heading straight into your home.
In contrast, TAP insulation is designed to keep pests out long-term. Bugs only need to come into contact with the insulation for it to be effective. With the insulation actually providing a barrier from inside of the house there’s no need for repeat visits from a pest control company to treat the perimeter of the house.
When you’re curious about the further benefits of TAP Insulation and want a free quote, contact the pest control experts at Springer Professional Home Services today! Our trained technicians are ready to provide you with this long-lasting solution.
TAP: Pest Control Insulation in Des Moines
Serving Central Iowa since 1989