Springer Professional Home Services
1320 NE 60th Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50313
During a Mosquito Management Service visit we do the following:
- Inspect Property for Breeding Sites and remove if possible
- Apply Mosquito Larvicide (if applicable)
- Treat Property with Mosquito Adulticide
- Water (very damp soil or even in decaying leaves) is necessary for mosquito eggs to hatch into larvae.
- Only Female adult mosquitoes feed on blood (mammals) for egg-laying.
- Male and Females mosquitoes both feed on plant/flowers searching for nectar as a food source.
- Females can lay eggs (100-300) every three days.
- Mosquitoes being cold-blooded, prefer temperatures around 70° – 80°.
- Mosquitoes are generally more active around dusk and dawn.
- The beginning of June often marks the unofficial start to mosquito season in Iowa.
- 40 species of mosquitoes in Iowa.
- Type O blood types are bitten twice as much as Type A. Type B is somewhere in the middle.
- Dark clothing attracts mosquitoes. Avoid wearing black and navy blue.
- Pregnant women get bitten twice as often as the rest of us. The body temperature of a pregnant woman is a degree warmer and they exhale 21% more carbon dioxide (CO2), both are known mosquito attractants.
Check out our dedicated Mosquito Control website click here
Need Immediate Assistance ?
Service is just a couple clicks away. Let us take care of your problem immediately and setup a schedule that works best for you. If you would prefer to talk to someone on the phone, give us a call at (515)262-9229.